Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dolphin encounter of the first kind

Last night on my way up to the boaters deck for game night, a dolphin was in the shallows feeding.
He was right under the bridge lazily going back and forth feeding on the millions of bait fish there.

Im used to seeing them here and there sometimes daily but this was at least a 15 or 20 minute encounter. Also he was so close and it was shallow so I could see his whole body. He swam in surprisingly shallow water and on his side. At one point his tail was sticking up in the air flopping back and forth. No I did not have my camera or cell to ask Barry to grab it when he came up a few minutes behind me. Im going to be there at the same time this evening and see what I can see.
It was amazing and I would love to share it with you.

No comments: